Add power to your manual wheelchair with the pushing and braking aid V-Max. Slopes, divided ramps and gradients are not an insurmountable problem for you and your attendant any more. This pushing and braking aid supports you in all situations. To ascend slopes the powerful motor pushes the wheelchair up and downhill. It assists your attendant to control and brake the wheelchair. The driving speed can be adjusted continuously up to 6 km / hour.
General features and advantages of the V-Max
- Range up to 25km.
- Climbing capacity over 20%.
- Persons weighing up to 160kg can be transported.
- Speed is continuously adjustable at any time; up to 6km/h forwards and up to 3km/h backwards.
- Low weight.
- Easy assembly.
- AAT V-Max Add-on power units can be mounted to virtually all wheelchairs with a seat width of 36cm and more.
- Pushing and braking aid that automatically brakes on slopes.
- Driving on ramps over stairs and on uneven ground as you do with a manual wheelchair.
- V-Max is mounted on the upper part of the back which leaves the attendant ample room in the leg area.
- Easily transportable - fits into almost any boot of a car.
Just more experience...
The V-Max 4 is a version of our established pushing and breaking aid V-Max. In addition to the reliable advantages the V-Max 4 is to be characterized by a plus in handling.
So it is possible to realise the looking an unlocking of the power drive with only on touch of a button. With the V-Max 4 a range up to 24 km is achievable.
- Fully automatically locking an unlocking of the power drive.
- Display in the operating grip.
- Range with one charge of the batteries up to 24 km.
- Slopes up to 20%.
- Permanent and efficient direct power of the rear wheels.
En route — easy to transport in no time
Due to its low weight the v-max 4 can be easily stored. Since all assembly parts are designed in a compact and handy way, the v-max 4 fits into very narrow spaces. Consistently implemented detailed solutions make mounting and dismounting the v-max 4 on the wheelchair an easy exercise.
Drive systems technology — easy to transport in no time at all
The max 2 is powered by a strong electric motor. Rechargeable batteries provide the energy. The transmission of power takes place by two drive shafts catching the powered wheels’ toothing. Coupling and uncoupling of the drive shafts are done pneumatically via the operating grip. The v-max 4 supports the assistant pushing the wheelchair uphill or on difficult terrain as well as braking it while going downhill.
Technical data - Solo
Maximum Total Weight Permitted:
200kg (person, wheelchair, V-Max)
200 kg (1) (person, wheelchair, V-Max 4)
Attachment Possible at a Speed:
Seat width of 36cm continually adjustable
Forward | Backward:
6km/h / 3km/h
5,5 km/h | 3 km/h
Range with One Battery Charge:
Up to 19km
Up to 24 km(2)
Maximum Possible Incline:
Up to 20%
Height x Width x Depth:
24cm x 47.5cm x 18.5cm
2 x 12V / 12Ah
2 x 12 V / 16 Ah
Direct Current Motor:
24 V / 150 W
Weight of the Battery Pack:
Up to 20%(3)
Possible wheel sizes
24“ or 20“
Weight of Driving Unit:
8.5kg (without battery pack)
Class of application
(1) Please note the manufacturer’s stipulations for the maximum load.
(2) According to ISO 7176-4, the range depends on the person’s weight, the underground, the territory, the temperature, etc.
(3) At an approved weight of 130 kg, the braking - / climbing capacity also depends on the underground, the territory, the temperature, etc.